Terrorist attacks, high unemployment rates, lack of health insurance, scarcity of products, rising cost of food with very little to go around and racial tensions. These are just a few things mentioned when we turn on the daily news or log into our computer homepages or press an app on our phones or tablets to scroll through our social media timelines or newsfeeds. With these horrendous acts happening in our world it is amazing that we are not all sitting in a corner in the fetal position rocking and mumbling to ourselves.
There is a lot that goes on in our world good, bad and ugly and even with all these problems the Bible has it all covered. The Bible truly is the living word of God because even though it was written thousands of years ago at a time when there was no Internet or political parties or even plumbing in living quarters, yet those old words written many years ago for the people of that time that we seem so far removed from can still bring hope to this generation.
As followers of Jesus Christ, we are not supposed to worry about anything. That sounds bizarre because most would say that worry is a normal human trait, but so is sin and like sin we should be working to eradicate it from our lives and obey God’s word. God doesn’t want us to worry about anything. God wants us to rely solely on him.
Here are seven scriptures to encourage you the next time you start to worry:
- Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. Proverbs 12:25
- So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:34
- Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things? Luke 12:25-26
- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
- Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Psalms 37:7
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
- And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
Need more? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll customize a list just for you!